In this article, we are going to talk about Settee. Well, many of you will say, what’s new? This word refers to the loveseat. But unfortunately, this is not the reality. Settee and loveseat are two different things, although the difference is minor. The settee may be defined as a medium sofa which is larger than the two-seat loveseat. Settee does not have arms; it is a bench with back only. It comes in all sizes and designs & mostly not the part of room furniture sets & bought separately.
Types of settees
several different kinds of settees are available in the market. These types are named according to their usage and function. some of the most commonly used settee types are given below;
- The Chaise longue; It is a type of settee with an elongated back. It resembles a lot to an elongated chair
- The chesterfield; the chesterfield is a heavily stuffed and buttoned settee
- The hall settee, the hall settee, has an upholstered seat and richly engraved back. The design of the hall settee usually resembles the chairs of the respective hall of the gallery.
- The daybed; the day bed is a carved or decorated settee. It has a long seat having an inclined end.
Best settee covers by Fabric
Settee covers can be the gift that you can give to your settees. They are the best thing to protect your expensive furniture and to provide a new life to your old and worn-out furniture. Always protect your settee and couches with the best quality cover because,
- The settee covers protect the furniture from wear and tear
- They provide a new life to the old and worn-out couch and settees.
- They help to protect the color of furniture and prevent color fading.
- They make the sofas and settee more colorful and vibrant.
There are several fabric materials available in the market when it comes to buying settee covers. Choose the best material, read the fabric details below to find out the most suitable fabric material for your favorite settee cover.
Cotton settee covers:
Cotton is the best fabric material for settee covers and adds a casual feel to your place. Few of the features of cotton settee covers are given below;
- Naturally breathable and durable
- Add a relaxed feel to your room
- Available in all colors and designs
- Easy to replace and handle
- Machine Washable
- Can be ironed frequently
Twill settee covers:
Twill is a hand or machine weaved fabric having distinct patterns. The twill settee covers are made of 100% pure cotton or polyester-cotton blend. Twill settee covers are best for several reasons.
- Lighter in weight
- Machine washable
- Easy to handle
- Do not need much care
Suede settee covers:
Suede is a thin leather fabric material with a catnapped finish. Suede settee covers are made of 100% pure polyester or polyester-spandex blends. The suede covers offer the following features.
- The soft and velvety texture
- Luxurious and formal
Polyester-cotton blended settee covers:
The polyester-cotton blend settee covers are made of two or more fabric materials. They offer many benefits, i.e.
- Easy to clean
- Do not shrink
- Easy to handle
- Make the furniture look classic and elegant
Note that the polyester blend can make the cover less durable and may result in an unwanted pilling of the fabric.
Drawbacks of using settee covers:
The settee covers can change the look of your furniture and make them look adorable. They are handy and amazing. The covers are extremely beneficial but they have a few drawbacks, few of them are listed here;
- The covers become loose.
- Move whenever someone sits or gets up.
- The loose covers can make the settee look more like a flat and messy bench.
Steps to make fit the Settee cover:
- Put the settee cover into the dryer with a wet rag. Set the machine to warm mode, and let it run for 10 minutes.
- Add a piece of hook-and-loop tape under the bottom of the couch; it will prevent the sliding of the cover..
- Tuck the ends of settee cover as far as you can under the settee and the cushions. The tighter the tuck, the secure the settee cover will be.